Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday

I had another walk this morning like yesterday in a light gentle rain, but today I walked around the streets in the neighborhoods instead of around the lake. Very few people out but I did see a couple of deer and rabbits. Snapped a couple of pictures along the way.Since it was a rainy day, my Tuesday morning knitting group was moved from the little court yard at Kings Contrivance back inside at Savage Mill. I got in the car knowing this so where does my car go? Right to Kings Contrivance! It's not as bad as it sounds because I start out going the same way to both places. It's just that when I got to where I should turn left, I turned right. A quick turn around in the parking lot and I got back headed in the right direction!! A group of 14 of us where there today. I finished up a ripple afghan that I was knitting.
I wanted to stay and have lunch at Ram's Head but no one else wanted to so I just came home and had lunch.

I've been enjoying watching the birds at the feeder in front of my house. Even though I sit there a lot with my camera, it is still hard to get good pictures. Sometimes I just like to sit and watch and not worry about taking pictures. I can enjoy them more. So far I've had cardinals, finches, sparrows, and black-capped chicadees coming by. Even though mourning doves don't go up to the feeder, they have been walking around below picking up the dropped seeds and the robins have had a stop at the bird bath a time or two. Here is a picture of some sparrows stopping by for a bite to eat.
I have something good to look forward to this evening. We are going out to eat at Red Lobster. Those commercials on television do seem to work. We saw one last night and said lets go there tomorrow for supper. :-)

Well, that's about it for today so far.
A happy day to you!
Happyone :-)
When we are no longer able to change a situation,
we are challenged to change ourselves.
~Victor Frankl

4 comments:

George said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who owns a car that goes one way when I know we should go another way!

KathyA said...

Those commercials are good, aren't they? And in reality so is the food. Let me know when you want to see the garden...

Rathi said...

Awwwww.. loved the pictures... sparrows are really cute aren't they??? and i could really love some rain here.... i really like your afghan dear Karen.... and loved the quote...

have a great day....

Karen said...

Hope the Red Lobster dinner was fun, dear Karen--though you always seem to have fun, whatever you do. That's your gift!