Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A traffic mess

I walked my connect the path route this morning. It was a sunny warm morning and a bit on the humid side. Maybe that's why I didn't see many people out there along the paths. Didn't see much wildlife either, though I did hear the birds singing their morning songs. It felt nice walking under the trees where it is nice and cool. The honeysuckle is blooming around here now and I smelled it before I saw it this morning.I walked my usual 6 miles and I found a coin again. Just a penny but I'm sure it is a LUCKY penny! :-)

The road down the street from my house is in the process of getting repaved and it is causing quite a mess with the traffic. Two intersections are involved and they have turned off the traffic lights and have workers directing traffic while the work is going on.They started work just when everyone was trying to get out of the neighborhoods to go to work.
This morning I walked passed stopped cars and these people were not happy at all!! I walked about 1/2 mile without the line of cars going anywhere at all.
The lines of waiting cars grew longer and longer.You can see people here turning around.This one is from my deck.People were cutting through the shopping center parking lot hoping that would be better but it didn't help. I'm glad I didn't have to go out in the car today. It would have taken forever to get out of my own street. What a mess. Lots of horn blowing this morning and I can just imagine how frustrated all these drivers were. By noon thank goodness the intersections were back to normal.
Ken left early enough in the morning before things were too much of a problem. :-)

Thanks to Kerri and Cheryl I learned that the black bird with the brown head I saw yesterday is a Brown Headed Cowbird. I looked it up in my bird book and it said that they lay their eggs in other birds nests leaving their babies to be cared for by these foster bird parents.

Last evening when I went to the Bible study group I looked in the folders to see if I had anything there from my secret sister. There wasn't, but there was an envelope that said for the secret sister of Tracy S......... . In the envelope was a thank you note for me saying how much she has enjoyed all the little notes and things I've been leaving for her. How nice of her! and it certainly made my day. :-)

I have been eating lunch at 1:30. I like eating this late because then dinner comes around that much faster!

I've eaten lunch and I have to put the clean sheets on the bed yet, then I will read for a while. Ken is going to try to come home from work early this afternoon so we can go and get the rest of the stone to finish our project from the Saturday.

This Thursday is one fine day and I'm and thankful that I am here to enjoy it.
Happyone :-)
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.
~Harold Hulbert

4 comments:

Vee said...

It has got to be a challenge to get anything accomplished with roadwork. Our main complaint is that construction goes on for years without completion. How long can it possibly take? It's fun to learn about new creatures. The cowbird sounds very interesting.

Happy@Home said...

I adore the smell of honeysuckle. My husband just learned the hard way that it is possible to have an allergic reaction from it.
Good thing you didn't have to go anywhere in the car this morning. We have road work going on here too and I have been stuck in it more times than I care to count.

KathyA said...

The smell of honeysuckle in the evenings and at night has been intoxicating!!
And the traffic, well that's cause for intoxication, too.

Rathi said...

Road works are irritating but whenever i see a sign- Bear the inconvenience for a better future. I just sigh and smile. Can't help it because it is true