Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Stone

On this cloudy morning I was enjoying my walk along my connect the path route and thinking that it was nice but uneventful. No people were out, I didn't see any deer, or other animals. Then right in front of me a fox crossed the path with breakfast in his mouth - a nice tasty squirrel. No time to whip out the camera. He was past me in a flash. On the rest of my 6 mile walk I never did see a deer but I did see a few rabbits, and people out walking dogs. The older couple were out along the path too. I'll have to ask their names the next time I see them so I don't have to keep calling them the older couple. :-)
Just before I got home a found a lucky dime!

My blogger friend Art left a comment yesterday saying that the turtle from yesterdays post was a snapper.
Thanks Art.

Out back by the garage, where the outside unit of the AC/heat is and all the electric wires and all that other stuff that lead into the house are, has grass all around it. When the grounds people edge around it they are starting to cut some of the wires with the weed whacker. On the other side of the driveway there is stone. So we decided to take up the grass and put stone around all that outside stuff. We went to the Stone Store and filled four big bags with the stone that were out back in bins. The stone is priced by the pound and our bags weighed in at almost 400 pounds. Then home we went with the stone. Ken dug out around the edge where we wanted to put the stone and we put in paver stones for an edge. Put down plastic and then the stones. We didn't quite have a enough stone as you can see from the picture. 400 pounds of stone doesn't go very far does it. We probably need another 150 pounds. The store closed at 2 so we couldn't go back and get more. We will have to go some time during the week to get more stone to finish the job.
I think it is much better the stone there.

The rest of the day isn't planned yet so I don't know what we will be doing later. Ken went out and should be back in a little while. Until then I am going to just sit and read.

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.
Happyone :-)
Continuity gives us roots;
change gives us branches,
letting us stretch and grow
and reach new heights.
~Pauline R. Kezer

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

How exciting to see a fox cross right in front of you. I guess he was too busy with his dinner to be concerned about people being around.
Nice looking project - I love projects and we have a big one going right now too. I'll post about it soon.
Have a nice Sunday,
Jeanne

Happy@Home said...

As I said yesterday, you sure do see some interesting things on your walks. I see today was no exception :).
The stones were a great idea to take care of the problem by your driveway. It looks very nice.
Hope the rest of the day was good to you.

KathyA said...

What a good idea to use stone around your heat pump. You're right; I would have thought 400 pounds of stone would have gone farther, too!

Rathi said...

You saw the foX!!!! wow! that is so exciting.... Have a great weekend...

Barb said...

Sometimes, seeing something and remembering it to tell a friend (as you have done here) is just as good as a picture. I've seen a fox catch a squirrel in my yard, so I can visualize it. Have a great Sunday.

George said...

You certainly are ambitious, but the stone should solve the weed-whacker problem. Your project looks good, even if you do need more stone.

Dick said...

It must be very interesting to have all those animals around.
I don't understand the heating, is it all outside just like that? What will happen when there is rain and snow on it?