Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 10, 2010

Blue skies, a deer and a plant

I hope everyone had a very Happy Mother's Day yesterday!

It was only 39 degrees this morning when I first started out but the sun was out and it didn't really feel that cold. It was a beautiful morning with the sky such a deep blue. I thought it looked so pretty against the green of the trees.Yesterday I only walked 3.7 miles but this morning I walked 7.2 miles. It was once of those days when I just wanted to keep walking. I walked around the lake and saw the family of geese again. They were all on the hillside eating grass. I just walked around the lake and didn't take the path that leads away from it today. I also walked down a road in the neighborhood and picked up the path over by the pool. I stopped to take a little swing on the swings. This deer was on the path and stayed long enough for me to take this picture. I got up pretty close.I saw a lot of people out around the lake but no one on the neighborhood path.

Sunrise 5:59
Sunset 8:09

Yesterday at church all the mothers got a plant for Mother's Day. Here is the one I picked. I am going to plant it in the front of my house.
I got a very nice card from my son David for Mother's Day but we couldn't seem to get it timed right for talking on the phone. But it was nice to get to talk to him today. :-)

I finished reading book number 13 of the cat book series by Lilian Jackson Braun. This one was The Cat Who Moved a Mountain. As I've said about these books before, they are a fun, easy read and I enjoy them.

Today the street in the front of the house is getting some of the broken curbs replaced. The broken pieces have been cut out and hauled away. It was very noisy and my front windows need cleaning now from all the concrete dust. I'll do that later in the afternoon once the sun is off them. I have to keep them clean so I can take pictures of the birds at the feeder. I've also moved the bird bath back to the front.

Just hanging around home today. Always something to do around the house.

Hope your Monday is a great start to your week.
Happyone :-)
Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while,
but their hearts forever.
~Author Unknown

6 comments:

KathyA said...

Lovely coleus! How sweet of them to give the mothers plants!
Spent the day at daughter's new house helping her with the baby. The roses are starting to bloom!! You must come over for a garden tour!

Happy@Home said...

Hi Karen,
How nice of your church to honor the mothers with a beautiful plant. I think coleus are so pretty. Also nice that you received a card and phone call from your son. We met our boys last night to celebrate Mother's Day and their birthdays, which are today.

Vee said...

Wow! That deer shot truly is amazing. Obviously, you're becoming the deer whisperer. I watched the video and Ken's set-up looks great. A lot of thought and work. It's going to be fantastic.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh I LOVE that plant! I've read most of the "cat who" books ~~ I thought the first ones were much better than the later ones.

nanniej said...

Hi Karen.
I read a lot of the cat books years ago and enjoyed everyone of them as you said easy reading. I just finished reading Anne Murray's book. Very interesting, I went to school with Anne in Springhill.
I didn't take my camera on Monday when I walked and missed a pic. of a large woodpecker.my cell doesn't take a good picture . i try to remember to take camera with me because I know what nice pics you take on your walks.

happyone said...

Joyce, How cool that you went to school with Anne Murray! I like her singing. She seems very nice too.