Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No more snow pile

It was cloudy this morning on my walk but by the time I got home it looked like the sun would be coming out later. I walked 6.3 miles and walked around the lake. The deer have come back from where ever they were hiding because today I saw 6 of them. It was a warm morning with no breeze and tomorrow I'll be taking off another layer of clothing and start wearing my ball cap instead of a hood. From all the rain the lake and streams are all muddy. Quite a few people out walking, running, and walking dogs.
Sunrise 7:17
Sunset 7:15
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had sunshine today and I even had the windows in the car down as I drove to Savage Mill for the Tuesday morning knitting group. About 15 people were there. I worked on the baby blanket which should be done in the next day or two. I had to take this picture on the sly because no one wanted their picture taken.My computer desk has 4 drawers in it and they were all a mess. They started out nice and neat but somehow things just get tossed in every which way. I dumped all four drawers out on the table and went through everything. I found things I didn't even know I had! A lot of things got thrown away and what was left went back in nice and neat. Now if I can only keep it this way. :-)

There is another sign of spring around here. Rita's has opened for the season. After supper we went there and both of us got a Chocolate with Black Cherry ice Gelato. Life is Good isn't it?

No snow pile today - Its all gone!!!
I am thankful today for blue skies and sunshine.
Happyone :-)
Be an angel to someone else whenever you can,
as a way of thanking God for the help your angel has given you.
~ Eileen Elias Freeman

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm ready for Rita's. Emily wants to work there again as soon as that one opens. Life is Good.

Helen said...

I am thankful for the sunshine too, but we still have lots of snow piles.
It looks nice at your knitting group :)

Rathi said...

HI Dear Karen,

That's Karen the spy there i guess... but i enjoyed the colors of the picture.... and ba bye to the snow pile...

Kerri Farley said...

Looks like a fabulous group ~ and i LOVE your quote!!

nanniej said...

you are such a busy person. I am glad your snow is gone .
Have you given up on the message board???
Happy St Patrick's Day

happyone said...

Joyce - yes, I have given up on it. If you would like to email, you can from my profile page. I'd still like to hear about your walks and progress.

Jeanne said...

I know you are glad to have the snow pile out of the way! We have had beautiful weather but now I hear that cold is on the way again. It is suppose to be back in the 30's Sunday and Monday morning. I know the cool won't last long this time though.

George said...

Hooray! Your snow pile is gone and you had sunshine. Now could you please send some of that sunshine our way? Since you're good at clearing the clutter on computer desks can I get you to work on my computer desk?

Goosey said...

Glad the snow has gone at last and the signs of spring are coming. Your knitting group looks nice, if I could knit I'd do something like that too.

Lindy said...

Six deer, what a nice thing to see!

Looks like a good-sized knitting group. I'll bet there's lots of experience and knowledge to share.

Good quote today. =)

KathyA said...

Was surprised when we returned that there are only a few die hard piles of snow left.
We're waiting for Soft Stuff (up on Rt. 40 to open)!!!

Barb said...

Best not depend on the drawers staying neat. Enjoy them in the short-term! Glad your weather is clearing and snow is melting so you can get out on your walks once again. Say "Hello" to the deer for me.