Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When I started out on my walk this morning it was a little colder than yesterday and there were some icy patches in places, but by the time I was home those icy patches had turned to water. Lots more melting going on. I'm not even listening when they say we are going to get more snow tonight!!!
I can't walk any of my regular routes and just walk all over the place where sidewalks are shoveled but I did walk 6 miles. One street I walked town and the whole sidewalk was cleared. There was a man doing some more shoveling and I thanked him and all his neighbors for keeping their sidewalks cleared.
I came across another person on one of the paths who was stopped taking pictures. I stopped to chat - no he doesn't have a blog - I asked.
I found a lucky penny and a quarter too!
Here's my morning picture for today.Sunrise 6:47
Sunset 5:54
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finished writing my shopping list and headed out to the commissary. Even though it was Wednesday and usually a good day to go, there was quite a long line this time. I really needed to go as my shelves were pretty bare. Now they are nice and full with plenty to eat.

This evening was the Ladies Night Bible study that I go to and I had all week to do 5 days of homework. I had only done 2 days of it during the week, so this afternoon I had lots of homework to catch up on. Though it took me almost all afternoon, I finished!
I'm really enjoying the study group.

I never did eat supper tonight so I guess I'd better go and have something to eat.
I'll have my snack later when Ken gets home. He's working late tonight. I'm going to read until he gets home and then we will probably watch television and I'll do some knitting.

I hope you enjoyed your Wednesday.
Share your smile,
Happyone :-)
If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm glad you are finally finding clear walking paths and I hope the next snow will not be so bad!

Rathi said...

Hi Karen,
Looks like you are enjoying your walks....