Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 05, 2010

The snow here once again

I walked a bit farther than usual today. Walked around the lake and then some and ended up walking 7.7 miles. A very gray morning and you could just tell that the snow was on the way. Supposed to get 1 - 2 feet of the white stuff by the time it ends tomorrow evening. I walked a little extra because I don't think I'll be able to walk for the next couple of days with all the snow. It's a good thing I have my Wii Fit to play with!! I walked passed the Giant (grocery store) at 6:45 this morning and the parking lot was already full!! Usually there are only a couple of cars there. People all stacking up on bread, milk and TP. :-) Pretty quiet around the lake. I usually take pictures from the big end of the lake where I arrive. Here's a picture from down the other end. Doesn't it look like its about to snow any minute!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally finished reading book number 2 for the year. I have a long way to go if I'm going to read 75 of them this year.
Miss Julia Stands Her Ground by Ann B. Ross
This is the 7th book in the series. Another nice easy light read that I enjoy.
I've already started on the next book.

Another hour on the Wii Fit this afternoon. My abs are sore from yesterday!!

The snow started lightly at 10 this morning and got going harder throughout the day and by 4 it had started to stick. We went out for dinner, stopped in a Barnes and Noble and then came home. Roads starting to get slippery. Everything looks so pretty driving by houses covered in snow with the lights from inside on. Houses look warm and cozy inside. :-)

Looking forward to having some ice cream in a little while. A little television, knitting and maybe more reading.

I guess we will wake up to LOTS of snow and it looks like I won't be walking! :-(

Hope your Friday was a happy one!
Share you smile,
Happyone :-)
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
~Maurice Setter

5 comments:

Lindy said...

Good luck with your snow accumulation. I hope you don't get as much as is being predicted. I'm not sure how much we have tonight. It's been coming down steadily all day long and now the wind has picked up and it's drifting over the roads. It will be interesting to see in the morning. Make sure you have batteries for your flashlights. We lost power for about an hour and a half late this afternoon.

For something more interesting...I just stumbled on this via a blog I regularly visit and I thought this might be of interest to you since you love to read...a birth year reading challenge.
http://hotchpotcafe.blogspot.com/2010/02/birth-year-reading-challenge.html

Another great quote you have posted today. =D

Vee said...

Good thing about that snow of yours...it's not going to last long. Enjoy it and document how long it lasts. Yes, that picture even looked cold with the approaching storm.

judi/Gmj said...

Well, I am wishing you a warm and cozy weekend. Sorry if you can't walk you paths, but Wii Fit should help. I will miss your pictures of the walk though.

Rathi said...

Hi Dear Karen,

This is Ratz here... Hope you remember me... This is my new blog and i hope that you would like it?

It's goo to see some snow there, here the winters are almost gone and there is good sunshine.

Kerri Farley said...

Just caught up on your Wed thru Friday posts. Sounds like you had a nice week. Have you already posted pics of the slate? If you have, I missed them. I think slate fireplaces are lovely. Sadly we don't have a fireplace in our home.