Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 27, 2010

A short walk

I went out for my walk this morning but only walked a little over two miles. It was early and still below freezing and there was still a lot of ice around. Some of the roads were really slick. Didn't want to take a chance of falling, getting hurt and then not being able to walk for a while. I planned to go back out again later in the day when it warmed up but never got around to it. Other things to do.
Sunrise 6:43
Sunset 5:58
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We went out a did a bit of shopping today. It was Ken Day. He got new ties and a couple of new shirts.
Also bought a bunch of plastic Easter eggs (144) for an Easter Egg Hunt that is planned at my church. They asked if people would please contribute some if they could. Their goal is 3,000!! Other people will contribute candy and then everyone will get together and fill the eggs with candy.

I read some more this afternoon and did a few things at home. Then we headed back out again to get some dinner out. Guess what we had? If you said pizza you guessed right. I wanted a Sicilian and Ken wanted the regular pie so we got one pie of each. We usually get just plain cheese and that is what we got today too. Now we have lots of leftovers in the refrigerator and freezer. Great for lunches.

Tonight will be a nice evening at home. The usual television, knitting and maybe a little more reading. Cookies and tea for snack time.

Hope your first day of the weekend was a good one and tomorrow will be even better.
Happyone :-)
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.
~Steven Kloves
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (movie)

7 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

sounds like my kind of day...walk, shop,
pizza, book, and TV.

blessings,
lea

George said...

I can't think of any better lunch than leftover pizza. It sounds as if your church is going to have a great Easter Egg Hunt. It was nice of you to get so many plastic eggs.

KathyA said...

Ran all kinds of errands today, too. Clark's Hardware, Iron Bridge for their wine sale, Verizon for a new phone battery for me, Staples, got my car washed, and finally Bertucci's for carry-out!

Barb said...

We walked home from dinner tonight - it was just getting icy from the snow melt earlier in the day. I'm with you - I don't want to fall and hurt myself at this point! Hope you can get back to your walks this coming week.

Rathi said...

HI Dear Karen,

Yeah that's the perfect way to spend a weekend. My weekend activity was annoying my sister and playing games with her. It was fun...

dot said...

I'm back! I was able to read your blog some but couldn't comment. I'm glad about you and Kenny and enjoyed the pictures of your cruise.

Vee said...

Nothing like leftover pizza! That's a lot of Easter eggs to fill. We finally got some winter weather overnight. Our first snow in about a month. Just three inches and enough to make it pretty.