Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Mini Walk

Only had a mini walk this morning of just over 2 miles. More snow fell on us last night. I left a little later than usual because I wanted it to be light so I could see where I was walking. Sidewalks were not shoveled and the streets were slushy and wet. My feet got wet pretty fast and then they got cold so I decided to come back home. I did manage to take a few pictures of the snow. :-) Here are two of them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I got home I put on a couple pairs of socks and a pair of nice warm slippers that I had knitted to warm up my cold feet! A nice hot breakfast of Cream of Wheat and I was feeling good!!

Got my supper of Mexican Meatloaf in the slow cooker going, did some computer stuff, and got some laundry done. Before I knew it lunch time came around.

I played around with the Wii this afternoon. I tried the tennis, not so good at that just like in real life! I also tried boxing and was surprisingly good at that. I knocked everyone out!! :-)
I read the booklet on the Wii fit but haven't done anything with it yet. I'll get that all started tomorrow earlier in the day.

I didn't go to my knitting group tonight. Instead Ken and I went to Lowe's and got most of the slate to put on the gas fire place wall. We need 26 boxes and got 18 tonight. That was all they had in the Lowe's we went to. Tomorrow we will go to another Lowe's and get the rest. It will be a good project for Saturday because we are supposed to get more snow Friday (they are predicting 20 inches).

When we got home we had some ice cream. It's been a while and was a nice treat.
Just taking a break now from watching television. I'll probably to a little reading next.

Hope your Wednesday was a good one.

Sunrise 7:13
Sunset 5:30

Happyone :-)
Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time.
~Betty Smith

10 comments:

Vee said...

Yowser! You guys are getting nailed with the snow. I feel just awful that it's all heading off to sea south of us. No, really, I do! You made me laugh with your "I knocked everyone out" line.

Goosey said...

Everything looks so pretty in the snow, the tree picture is stunning. Our snow has all gone now, you seem to be getting alot this year...or maybe this is usual for your area.
Glad you are having fun with the Wii, I am rubbish at the tennis but an expert at cow racing!!!!

Jamie said...

Your photos are so pretty, how can something that looks like that bring such despair to so many this year? It just won't stop snowing here in my world...every two or three days, another few inches. And yet, your pics are beautiful.

Your day sounds like a good one. Hope today is the same. Hugs, friend. :)

Lindy said...

Those are very pretty snow pictures. That caution sign for walkers should have your silhouette on it! =D

Looking forward to seeing the finished fireplace wall. I never would have guessed you would need that many boxes! Will you be using the slate somewhere else besides the fireplace wall?

Good golly, I hope you don't get 20 inches of snow!! That would be absolutely paralyzing. We are to get about 8 inches this weekend; our first "big" snowfall for the winter.

Excellent quote today! That is EXACTLY the mindset I had when I would look at the mountains where we live in Arizona.

Happy days to you ~

George said...

I don't envy you at all if you get hit with that 20 inches of snow. If we got that much here we'd be home bound for a month!

judi/Gmj said...

sounds like a pretty full day of it.
I looked at your profile and now I understand about the walking you do.
Reston VA has trails and paths we use to run. Great fun there!

Dick said...

I'm glad the snow is almost gone here, now it's up to you to take snow pictures.
These pictures are pretty.

Cheryl said...

You're inspiring me to get out the Wii Fit. It's been a while. I loved boxing. I'm going to do it today.

Hope your Thursday is a good one!

Barb said...

Hi, I'm visiting you from Kerri's blog - I'm a walker, too, and a sometimes runner. I see you're from MD - I live in CO, but at one time lived in Havre de Grace.

KathyA said...

So you DID decided to slate-up the fireplace! Can't wait to see how that looks when you're done.