Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just Another Day :-)

I think it was a bit warmer this morning as I walked around the lake. My hands were sweating and I had to take one of my hoods off. It was cloudy though and I missed the sunshine. The sun did come out later in the day and the temperature made it up to 38 degrees. I only saw two people around the lake which was surprising giving the warmer weather. I saw 5 deer and stopped to take their picture but they blended in so well with the brown countryside that I could barely see them when I looked at the picture.
I did get a nice shot of these two sleeping ducks though.And two pictures of the morning sun.
People ask me where I get my motivation to walk every morning. Getting to see those sun rises each morning sure helps. :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Played around with my blog template for a while today and ended up with this lighter look and putting the side bar on the left for a change. I spent way too much time on this because it was so hard to make up my mind!

Made another trip to the commissary and found I was almost the only one who decided to go there today. No lines and I was in and out in no time at all. I only had to pick up a few things. Sometimes I wait weeks to go and then stock up and then don't go for a while. Other times like now, I like to go every week and just get what I need for the week.

I made some rolls to go with the spinach and bean soup I made yesterday. I made the dough in the bread machine and used the recipe for pizza dough. Then cut the dough in 12 pieces and baked them for 30 minutes on a stone.
In the ovenCooling
I admit I did eat one as soon as they came out of the oven. They were quite tasty with a bit of the honey butter left from Sunday that Jackie made.

Its Wednesday once again so in just a little while I'm off to Panera's for my knitting night. I'm planning on starting another hat for Bonnie's babies.

Hope all is well in your part of the world and that your Wednesday was a happy day for you.
Happyone :-)
When someone does something good, applaud! You will make two people happy.
- Samuel Goldwyn

7 comments:

Vee said...

Isn't that a great quote! Never an ordinary day in your world...you'd not allow it. I, too, can take a long time making decisions. Then I sit with it for a bit and change it all over again. I like the new look.

judi/Gmj said...

sounds like you have had a great day, I made caldo verde... has potatoes, italian sausage, garlic and kale in a thin cream sauce. no rolls though.
I am applauding you and your walking and rolls. ;)

KathyA said...

The rolls look yummy!
Thought of you this morning when I watched the sun rise.

Brad said...

Hmm - I was going to have mexicanfor lunch, now I want something good and bread-y. You've made my tummy growl!

George said...

Being able to see the sun rise is good motivation for a walk, but walking so I could eat one of those yummy rolls also works for me.

Happy@Home said...

Pretty sunrise pictures. I thought the look of your blog had changed. It looks great. And speaking of looking great, the rolls look super great. Soup and homemade bread/rolls are my favorite meal at this time of year.

Kerri Farley said...

Love those gorgeous sunrise shots! And those rolls looks awesome! YUM!