Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A shade darker

Started off this morning as usual with my morning walk. I walked 6 miles around the lake. That warmer weather still hasn't arrived. I think tomorrow its supposed to happen. Just a few people out walking again which is nice since then I have the lake practically to myself. The lake is slowly getting more and more ice on it and the geese don't have much water to paddle around on. Sometimes they get very noisy and pushy.
Three deer ran right in front of me crossing the path and I also saw a fox. The fox is very skittish and never stays around for a look at me, just takes off back into the woods.
Here's a morning photo from my walk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got some cleaning done first thing in the morning and didn't get distracted doing something else. Lately I have a hard time getting to my housework. Something always better happens along to do. I never used to be like that.

This afternoon I made some spinach and bean soup for supper tonight. I would have taken a picture of it but it is just one of those meals that doesn't make for a very good picture. It is delicious though and is one of Ken's favorite meals.
This is another one of those meals that tastes better the next day. So at the last minute we decided to go out to eat and have the soup tomorrow. I'll make some fresh rolls to have with it too.

I went back to the hair salon this afternoon and Cheryl dyed my hair a shade darker. I really like the darker shade and so does Ken. I feel like me now. :-) Thanks Cheryl!!

No snacks for me for a while. Instead of losing three pounds I've gained one more. Yesterday I had a cup of tea and tonight I'll do that again. I had chamomile/mint tea yesterday and today I'm going to have mint medley which is blend of spearmint & peppermint.

I'll finish up knitting another pair of tiny baby mitts and then read.

A happy Tuesday to you all. I hope it was a good one for you!!
Happyone :-)
The color within us
can color the world around us.

4 comments:

Vee said...

I thought of you as I read how much the daylight has lengthened since December 21st. It's getting up there...not WAY up there, but you know relatively speaking. What a pretty sky out there this morning. You gained a pound? *Gasp* Be careful now. Are we going to see the new color?

happyone said...

Vee, My new hair color doesn't look any darker than you've already seen. The color in person was much lighter than it looked in the photo.

George said...

Your walks may still be cold, but you certainly get wonderful pictures.

Happy@Home said...

The soup sounds delicious and healthy too. I made a white bean and ham soup recently with the leftover hambone from Christmas. It was really good.

You are so disciplined with your eating. I admire that.