Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Out for Pizza

A bright, clear, and somewhat windy morning for my walk today. I walked around the lake for my usual 6 mile walk. The stream that was over it's banks yesterday is down to almost normal once again as you can see from the picture. Yesterday the grass in the picture was under water.Every morning the Park Rangers make their way around the lake in the truck just checking things out. I stepped off the path to let them pass me and then I snapped this picture.I didn't see any geese out around the lake which was unusual, but then when I got down to the other end, there they all were. Looked like they were all still asleep sitting out on the water. I guess they were having a sleep in today. :-)
I was surprised there weren't more people out around the lake this morning, just saw a few. It was a great morning for a walk!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't get very far on knitting those little booties last night at the knit group. I did more talking than knitting. It is such a nice group of women and we all like to talk as much as we like to knit. I did manage to knit one of them today though and will finish the pair tonight. :-)

My day zipped right by, I didn't get much done, but enjoyed my day. When Ken comes home from work in a little while we will go out to do a couple of errands and then stop by our favorite pizza place for supper. Tonight we plan on getting a Sicilian pizza, the kind with the thick crust. Oh, my mouth waters just thinking of it. :-) I like the thinner crust pizza too as well as medium thick crust. We usually just get a cheese pizza with no toppings. Once in a while we will get peppers, garlic or roasted eggplant. A lot of people don't think pizza is a good food for losing weight but I think it gets a bad rap. It's cheese, bread, and sauce. As long as you just eat a couple of slices its fine. I eat it all the time! It is one of my favorite foods.
Well, enough about pizza - now I'm really hungry.
Till next time......

I hope this Thursday finds you happy.
Karen :-)
All people smile in the same language.

3 comments:

George said...

Your talk about pizza is making me hungry!!

judi/Gmj said...

The best breakfast in the world!

KathyA said...

The park rangers should be getting to know you by now! You should have seen the water on the other side of 108 -- along Ten Mills Road! It was amazing.