Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Not much to say today

A nice but cloudy morning for my walk today. I did my usual 6 miles. Walked around the neighborhoods and on some of the paths. I found some coins - two pennies and a nickel. Not many people out today and didn't see anyone I knew.
Here's today's walk picture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stayed around home during the day. Just did some house stuff, a little reading and some knitting.
Before I knew it, it was time to get ready for my weekly knitting group and I left the house at 5:30. The knitting group was on the small side this evening but those of us there had a good time. I knitted on slippers - finished the ones for Japhy and started some for myself. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Not much to write about tonight.
I'll watch a little television now that I'm home and then read until bedtime.

I hope you had a happy Wednesday.
Karen :-)
We could never learn to be brave and patient,
if there were only joy in the world.
- Helen Keller

4 comments:

George said...

Our Wednesday was quiet and dreary. Do you accept orders for knitted slippers?

Happy@Home said...

That looks like a pretty walking route. I'm glad you are finding coins on your walks again. I always pick up coins when I see them. I think it's fun to see how over time they add up.

happyone said...

George - wasn't planning on taking orders, but if you want a pair let me know, I'll be happy to knit a pair for you.

Kerri Farley said...

A beautiful pathway Karen! And Another wonderful quote!!