Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 07, 2009

A Happy Day

This morning was colder than yesterday. I wore several layers and was nice and warm. I saw people out warming their cars up and scraping a thin layer of ice off the windshields. I walked around the neighborhoods on the sidewalks and on the paths. I saw a handful of people out walking dogs and a couple of runners.
By the time I got home I had taken 12,455 steps.
Frost on the grass along a path.A couple of chairs among the leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenny and I went out and about and did a few errands. We went AC Moore which is another craft store. Looked around but didn't buy anything. I like Michaels and Joanne's better - more of a selection of different items.
We stopped in at the library just to drop off a book and I can't believe I came out of there with yet another book!! I just might make that 75 book goal after all for this year!
It was nice just doing ordinary things with Kenny. :-)

I spent the last part of the afternoon trying to fix a mistake I made in the baby blanket that I'm knitting with the cable pattern. It was frustrating because when I came to the end of a row I didn't have enough stitches and I couldn't figure out WHERE I made the mistake. I felt so good when I finally figured it out and fixed it. :-) It was very time consuming!!

I got a little reading in, had left over pizza for supper from yesterday, watched an episode of Fringe and A Touch of Frost from Netflix, knitted on the ripple afghan and now I'm off to read until bedtime.

It was a beautiful Fall day - the kind that you imagine Fall should be. Cool, crisp and sunny. I hope your day was a beautiful one as well.
Karen :-)
Circumstances never create character;
they merely reveal it.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like things are good with you. I'm doing a bit of catching up here. I'll call you about maybe seeing you tomorrow?

KathyA said...

The frost looks so pretty! Your shadow in there is neat as well.