Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 16, 2009

Another Rainy Day

Walked in the rain again today. This time I left the umbrella home and wore my rain slicker and rain pants and walked on the street and some paths. It was on the chilly side too so I wore a couple of layers.

Ken and I were going to drive up to PA today to get the chairs and sewing machine but since it was such a rainy day we decided not to go. It's suppose to rain again tomorrow so we may wait and go on Sunday. We spent the day together anyway though. We walked around the mall for a bit before going to the movies to see Surrogates.
Surrogates

In a futuristic utopian world where humans live in isolation and interact through surrogate robots, an FBI agent (Bruce Willis) begins to investigate the first murder in years, and unravels a vast conspiracy.
It was a pretty good movie - not the best one I've ever seen, but it was entertaining and a good way to spend a rainy afternoon.

Afterwards we went out to eat at Mimi's Cafe. I had a blackened chicken Caesar salad with a blueberry muffin which I brought home.
Dexter (Season 3 disc 1) from Nextflix came in the mail and Ken stayed and watched 2 episodes of that with me. Lots of surprises - never a dull moment!

I think I'll go and eat that muffin when I get finished on the computer. I've already watched a movie and two shows, but I think I'm going to watch an episode of A Touch of Frost too. Then read until bedtime.

I enjoyed my Friday and hope you enjoyed yours too.
Karen :-)
Most of us would get along well
if we used the advice we give others.

5 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Plenty of rain here, too, and it feels more like early December. Sounds like you are enjoying life! Art

KathyA said...

Today I went to the mall, too -- to the Apple Store and then to Sears, where I haven't been for at least 15 years. Went to buy blanket sleepers for the baby.

Lindy said...

Sounds like it was a good day. Hope you can get those chairs and sewing machine this weekend!

Happy@Home said...

How nice that Ken was part of your day today. I hope you are able to pick up your chairs and sewing machine this weekend.

I had to laugh at your quote today. So true.

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a very happy day to me. I'm glad :))