Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The rain

yesterday didn't bring cooler temperatures for us, just more humid weather. It was really hot walking this morning, but I walked my 6.1 miles through the neighborhood on the walking paths. I saw a couple of baby deer and lots of rabbits.

I came across a program on television called Worship Transitions. I don't have cable and it's on channel 66.4 off the air. There was gospel music playing with beautiful pictures of scenery rolling by. On a commercial, their website was mentioned, Worship.net and I went to take a look at it. There is a something there for almost every life situation that you may be in. Some one says a few words and then you hear music with beautiful pictures. I thought it was very nice and inspirational. Take a look if you're so inclined. :-)

Today I finally started on the Paint by Number picture. I'll take a picture of it to post when I have more of it done.

I did my usual reading and knitting and sitting out on the deck.
For supper I walked across the street to the Hunan Legend and ordered Hot Crispy Beef to go. While waiting for it to be ready I struck up a conversation with another woman waiting for her order. We both were waiting for Hot Crispy Beef!! It was delicious by the way and there is enough left for tomorrows supper too! :-)

I watched a movie called Duchess from Netflix which was a sad movie but good. Based on the true story of Georgiana, the duchess of Devonshire.

It's Wednesday already and I hope it was a good one for you.
Happyone :-)
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have.
- Anne Tyler

4 comments:

KathyA said...

Yet another really steamy day for us! I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures.

Happy@Home said...

It just rained here and is still steamy like a sauna outside.

Thanks for telling us about the worship website. It sounds very nice and I plan to check it out.

I look forward to seeing your painting.

George said...

We got some rain last night, but it's still hot and humid. We're supposed to get some more this afternoon -- maybe this front will cool things down.

Ruta M. said...

It's wet and getting cooler here. I haven't seen the film but did it have scenes at Chatsworth in it? When I was 15 I stayed there for a long weekend with my mother as guests of the then current Duke and Duchess while my mother gave their daughter Sophie art tuition. They were really nice people and Sophie took me out riding around the estate on her new horse while she rode her pony.You might like the stories about The Mitford Gals, daughters of the Duke of Devonshire in the 1900's.Can't remember the name of the book as it was on the radio bit it was really funny.