Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 06, 2009

The rest of my day

I ate lunch and then ironed. I got all 9 of Ken's shirts ironed. It went pretty quick because I listened to the audio book All Creatures Great and Small. I didn't play Sims at all this afternoon! :-) Yesterday I finished reading London Transports by Maeve Binchy. This was the first book by this author I have read. I've read a few books by Marcia Willett (who I like a lot) and on the book covers, the two were said to be a lot a like. That's why I read this book. At the time I got it out of the library I didn't realize the book I picked out was short stories which I'm not that crazy about. But it was good this time because it gave me a good sampling of her writing. Some stories were good and some not so good but I did enjoy the book as a whole. I can see why the two of them are thought to be similar. I will get some of her books to read. I'll just add them to my ever growing list. :-) I finally got to start reading Pillars of the Earth. A week or so ago I mentioned that I was reading about this book on a few blogs and people either hated it or loved it and I wanted to see what I thought. Well I fall into the LOVE IT category!! On the very first page I knew I would really like this book. It is set in England in the 12 century. It is a pretty long book with just under a thousand pages. Between this book and Sims I don't think I'll be doing very much this week. :-) I also finished knitting another 4 squares on the white sample afghan I've been working on for years.Thanks to Ken, you can always check out my progress by clicking on the link on the side of my blog. I posted a picture before of the hens and chicks out in front of my house. Here's another one. I just can't believe how tall these things are growing! Don't think I'll be doing much more today - Ken is coming home from work on the late side so we will probably just pop out for a quick bite to eat. Then just our regular evening. A nice walk around the townhouses picking up nails and then sitting out on the deck enjoying the evening. Hope you all got more done than I did today. :-) Happyone :-) Truth is not determined by how many people believe it.

5 comments:

Goosey said...

Sounds like you did alot really. I have just read "Night of Rain and Stars" by Maeve Binchy and couldn't put it down.
Also just read "The Shack" by Wm Paul ? and couldn't put that down either!

KathyA said...

The afghan squares are really beautiful, Karen!
I just finished a David Baldacci book and began another one by Carl Hiaasen. Richard is on Eastern Shore and will be coming home late, too, or at least, too late for dinner. I just made myself a BLT.

Happy@Home said...

I've got a lot of ironing waiting for me tomorrow. Good idea to listen to an audio book. I'll have to check them out next time I'm at the library. I have read a lot of Maeve Binchy's books and enjoy her. Another one who is similar is Rosamunde Pilcher. Your afghan looks very pretty. Enjoyed the picture of the hens & chicks. They really are tall.

Golden To Silver Val said...

I'm so glad you have fallen in love with PILLARS. You are in for such a wonderful adventure! I am about 400 pages into World without End...his sort of sequel. (1,000 pages) The characters are descendants of the ones from PILLARS..200 years later, same town. Its just as good. What a writer this man is. All I can say to you is...enjoy, enjoy. Its too bad you can't take Ken on the adventure with you...I'm sure he would enjoy it also.

George said...

It looks as if at least some of your hens are blooming. Some of the blossoms are very pretty.