Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The one we missed!!

When I left for my walk this morning, Ken left to go to work for a few hours this morning.
I took this picture of a back yard that I walked by. I thought looked so nice and peaceful.
These flowers are planted by the gas station near my house. I think they look like silk flowers and had to feel them to make sure they were real.

I got a couple of loads of laundry hung outside and then I had to leave to pick Taryn up and bring her to work.

There was one nail that we missed picking up in the street and it ended up in my new tire - the left rear. I have been losing a slight bit of pressure in the that tire and was keeping an eye on it. Today I spotted the nail. So far it is working as a plug and I just have a very slow leak, but it will have to be fixed.

I started laying out what I want to bring along with me on our driving trip we are taking soon. We will be heading up to Maine. No real plans just driving along and stopping and doing whatever we feel like it. We did make one plan though. We will be stopping in Maine at a certain restaurant, at a certain time and meeting a blogging friend of mine - Vee. We have been reading each others blogs for quite a while now and it will be so much fun to meet her and her husband John in person. :-)

We played around with our new GPS and it is really pretty easy to use. It does take some getting used to hearing a voice telling you where to drive.

That's about it for today.
Hope your day had lots of sunshine in it.
Happyone :-)
The more you love, the more you’ll find, that life is good and friends are kind.

4 comments:

Happy@Home said...

It seems totally unfair that after being such a good samaritan you would end up with a nail in your tire :-(

How great that you will be meeting Vee on your upcoming trip. Her blog is another one of my favorites. I trust that you will do a post about your meeting and I look forward to reading it :-)

Cheryl said...

When I saw the first picture, I thought it might be Kathy's backyard. I would not have thought those flowers were real!

I've heard the coast of Maine is delightful. Will you be anywhere near? I need to buy a map of the upper northeast for my trip. I looked at maps in Borders but didn't see any to my liking.

My Saturday was jam-packed and I'm up way past my bedtime. Night!

Vee said...

You mean that you've been picking up nails all this time and now one is in your own tire? How revolting!

Have a safe and enjoyable trip and I'll see you soon!

George said...

It doesn't seem right that you end up with a nail in your tire after all the nails you picked up. I hope you like your GPS as much as we like ours. I don't know how we got around before we got it.