Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Dinner was delicious

yesterday - Lidia would have been proud. :-) I heated olive oil in the pan and added one large onion and cooked it till it started to brown. Then made one of Lidia's hot spots and added about 7 cloves of garlic. Mixed the garlic in with the onion and cooked until nicely caramelized. Then added celery, a small zucchini and yellow squash cut up.
Cooked it for about 6 minutes until it looked like this.
Added one large can of tomatoes and a generous amount of basil.
Cooked penne pasta and added it to the sauce.
Here it is finished in my bowl with some fresh grated Parmesan ready for me to eat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Today's walk was cloudy and looked like it was about to rain so I took along my umbrella. It never did rain but I'm sure it would have if I'd left my umbrella home. :-) I walked around the lake and came across two Canada geese families eating on each side of the path. Both dads were keeping a good watch on their families. I had to run past them because they both came up to me making quite a fuss and chased me!!Yesterday I wrote about the water fountains that are around the lake. There are also these water places too which has an orange cooler inside with ice water. Note how close the trash can is and the cup on the ground between the water and the trash!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A while back I took this picture of the tree planted by my townhouse and asked if anyone knew what kind it was. We couldn't seem to figure out what it was. Well now that berries have come out, it looks like a Blueberry Tree. I know they usually grow on bushes but these sure looks like blueberries. I tasted one and it tastes like one too. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ That house cleaning I was going to get started early today once again got put on the back burner. Cheryl called and we planned a lunch out for today. She arrived here at my house around 10:30 and we stayed here until 11:00 and then walked the 2 blocks up the road to LeeLynn's. We shared a club sandwich and eggplant slices with some of their own special chips. As always I enjoyed my time with Cheryl. :-) After Cheryl left I actually did get some house cleaning done!! Not a lot, but I made a good start. I did the big bathroom upstairs and our bedroom. Sometimes other things are just more important than cleaning the house! :-) It's heading for 4:00 and here I am writing this. After I get done here, I'll sit in a chair and either read or knit for a while. Hope your Thursday is one of those days you wish you had more of. Happyone :-) Jesus should be your steering wheel, not your spare tire.

6 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Oh the meal does look yummy!

George said...

It sounds as if you had a wonderful day, even if you did get fussed at by Papa Geese! The dinner definitely looks delicious.

Happy@Home said...

Mmm, your dinner does look very tasty. I will have to give it a try. Very interesting about that tree. I have never heard of blueberries growing on a tree either.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are busy and I am glad you do all these nice things. The food looks very tasty. I don`t like to cook, but I try to learn.
Have a happy weekend :)!

Lindy said...

Your pasta dinner looked very good. :-9

Lunch out with a friend is always preferrable to doing housework! ;-D

Isn't it amazing how lazy people can be, to toss a cup out on the ground rather than walk a few steps to throw it away properly. Arg!

Apparently there 'are' blueberry trees. I had never heard of or seen one before, but found this link http://budurl.com/dpm2 I really like your photo of the white flowers.

I'm impressed you were able to get past all those geese without too much trouble. Eek!

Hope you have a nice day for walking tomorrow.

KathyA said...

You did great with that penne!