Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Not much of anything

It wasn't actually raining when I walked around the lake this morning but it was cloudy and a bit foggy. We did get a peek at the sun for a short while but then the clouds came back and yes more rain came down. It's raining right now.
I finished reading Dead Man's Puzzle by Parnell Hall.
There is not much to say about this book. I didn't like it much. Couldn't get interested in the characters or the story. I'm surprised I even read the whole thing. A book I would NOT recommend. I was up in the loft for part of the day and did a little cross stitching. We went out for pizza for supper. For my snack tonight I had Chocolate chip mint ice cream - nice having the mint for a change. A pretty quiet day and didn't really do much of anything. Hope you had lots to smile about today. Happyone :-)

5 comments:

KathyA said...

I rode up to Glyndon, MD, to pick up heirloom tomatoes that I ordered. I've got mine in their pots already -- the rest are for my kids.
And it CERTAINLY is raining again. It's pounding on our roof right now. Wish I could send some of this to the people in Santa Barbara who are experiencing the wild fires.

Cheryl said...

This weather has been depressing. I'm glad I've been working! Waiting on the repair man, then maybe off to buy some plants? Hope it's a good day for you :))

Vee said...

Oh yuck. Enough rain already. Have you analyzed why you kept on reading a book you weren't enjoying? Cuz that would be interesting and especially so since that's not your usual philosophy. Hope that the sun comes out for you guys today!

happyone said...

Vee - I had read the other books in the series and liked them. I guess I was hoping that it would get better. It's not a long book so it didn't take long to read. You're right I usually don't finish a book I don't like.

Happy@Home said...

Hmm... I have never heard of that book or author, but I guess I'm not missing anything.

We had more rain today too and I'm ready for a break from it.

Mint chocolate chip is one of my favorites.