Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring

Happy Spring! Daffodils on a hillside along the path I walk on to the lake.
A close up.
A little farther up the path on a footbridge I ran into a little bit of ice!!! I saw the usual geese, ducks and deer this morning, but I also saw a woodpecker, a heron in flight, and two red winged blackbirds. A great first day of spring walk!! :-) A nice sunny day, so late morning I got in my shiny clean car and went for a ride. I stopped in at the library to turn in a few books. Even though I'm number 8 on the hold list for the next twilight book, New Moon I looked on the shelf anyway. Number 3 and 4 books where there so I got them and checked them out. Then just for fun I drove around to some other libraries and found New Moon on the shelf. I checked that one out too. I then took my name off the hold list. I thought it odd to find the book on the shelf when there is a hold list. Anyway I'm happy to have all the rest of the series and can't wait to start to read them. It's after 1:00 now and I'm really hungry so off I go to eat something. Maybe I'll be back later. Enjoy this beautiful first day of spring.

5 comments:

Vee said...

It does sound like the perfect walk. How nice that someone took the time to plant the daffodils. Bet they make the walk even more cheerful.

Goosey said...

How lovely to see the signs of spring agan, I love the header picture you have. that sunset is so nice.

happyone said...

Goosey - thanks, it's actually a sunrise. I took it on one of my walks around the lake.

Anonymous said...

Finally...signs of spring everywhere. I love those pretty yellow daffodils.

George said...

It sounds as if you had a good first-day-of-spring walk. The daffodils look great, just be careful of the ice early in the morning. It sounds as if you're well stocked with reading material for a while.