Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 27, 2009

Today was better

I went for my walk yesterday as usual but the rest of the day I was kind of blah. Couldn't seem to get anything done. I'm glad days like that are rare for me, but I guess we all have them. Ken was late getting home from work again and I didn't feel like cooking so he took me out for pizza. That helped to brightened things up a bit. A nice warm walk this morning. It was nice to leave a few layers of clothing off and I managed to get enough of my hair together to have a little pony tail so I could wear my ball cap. :-) After walking around the lake and on the path going back home I took a little path off the main trail which went under a bridge and along a little stream. It wasn't much of a path and it dwindled down to this little thing. I climbed up a bit of a hill and ended up on the road pretty far from where I started. I guess I won't be taking that path again! I stayed home but got a lot done around the house. Nothing exciting but it always feels good to have a nice clean house. A picture of my clothes blowing in the breeze, just because I like it. :-) My son David and I sent a few text messages back and forth (I'm finally getting pretty good at this texting thing) and then he called me. It's nice to text but better to hear his voice. :-) I did a little needlepoint late afternoon. Surprise - Kenny was home a little early today from work, :-) that hasn't happened for quite a while. I had another phone call today - my friend Bernice who had a birthday a few days ago. :-) We had a nice long chat and caught up. I wish we lived closer to each other. The rest of the evening will be a typical one. A little ice cream, a Netflix (The House of Eliott) and knitting. Then some reading. This week seemed to fly by once again and now we have a weekend before us. Make it a good one. :-)

6 comments:

KathyA said...

Sounds lovely! And your walks are certainly providing adventures for you, aren't they?
I'm glad you ended the day feeling less 'blah' than when you began it. We all have those kinds of days sometimes.

Vee said...

Your hair is growing fast!

I like the look of laundry on the line.

Texting...now that's a thing that I have yet to do. I'm sooo old-fashioned. It's a miracle that I can function on the computer.

You have a great weekend, too!

Cheryl said...

I know about those blah days. I've had too many of them myself lately. I hope you have a happy weekend!

George said...

I think February has more 'blah' days in it than any other month of the year. I'm glad it (February) is almost over.

Anonymous said...

I think everyone is just so eager for spring!

Wow! Your header picture is gorgeous! (I probably should have noticed it before now, but I have dial-up and sometimes I can visit and leave a comment before the header photo comes up.)

Happy@Home said...

Is your header picture new? It is gorgeous. I love the pink in the sky.

I'm glad today was a better day for you. Those blah days are no fun.

I enjoyed your picture of the clothes drying in the fresh air. I can almost smell the fresh clean smell.


Have a wonderful weekend.