Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A mother/daughter afternoon

Another great morning for walking and this time I walked around the lake. Cheryl asked if I miss my old walking paths. I do miss the one that ran along the river through the woods, but I sure can't complain because there are so many great walking places here and overall I like walking around here better. I also miss some of the people I met walking back at the old place. I find as a rule the people here are not as friendly. They are mostly runners and they all seem to be very intent on exercising. I like walking for exercising but get so much more out of it than that. I stop to look at the animals and nature, take pictures, and like to have a few words with the people around me. I was stopped this morning looking at 5 deer in the woods and as woman went by I said "Look there are 5 deer over there." She just said, "Oh, they're always there." and just kept on running. Then again maybe they all have to hurry and get back home so they can go to work. Not every one has the luxury of having the time to stop and enjoy their morning outside. I did my usual morning chores around the house. I had a very nice afternoon with my daughter, Debbi. She came over and we spent the whole afternoon together - just the two of us. We didn't do anything special, but just hung out together. Those are the best times! Thanks Deb for being such a great daughter!!! :-) Another late day for Kenny at work and when he came home we went out for bite to eat at Pasta Blitz. No pizza tonight - we had pizza steak subs! We will have the usual evening. A Netflix show, a little ice cream, a little computer time and hopefully a little time for reading. As Tuesday comes to an end, I hope you can look back on the day and find it was Happy One. :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to spent your afternoon with your daughter....! I miss my mother. We use to spend a lot of time together during the day...enjoy this time together!

Happy@Home said...

How nice to spend a relaxing day with your daughter. We have a lot of runners and serious bike riders around here too. I like to enjoy the scenery when I walk and am always waving to everyone I pass.

Cheryl said...

What a nice post. I always say hello when I pass another person. I hope you find some friendlies out there.

o2bhiking said...

Great post. You stopped and looked at the deer - that is why you are a happy one! You seized the day! Art

PS - I always say hello to others when I am running or walking. If they don't say hello back, at least I was being friendly.

Anonymous said...

It was a great time Mom - you are the BEST. Love you!
~Debbi

Helen said...

I love it when you say walking is not just for exercising but you get so much more out of it than that. I couldn`t agree more :)
Walking around a lake must be very beautiful.

Very nice that you got this evening with your daughter.
Hugs :)

Vee said...

Guess if one is running, it's tough to stop and enjoy the deer or smell the roses. Perhaps, you shall be able to turn these folks into friendlier types. ;>

I loved reading your description of time spent with your daughter. I relish my time with mine...she's so busy. Find myself missing her and that time a lot.

Brad said...

I kind of feel sorry for that jogger who didn't take the time to look. She's missing out.