Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday songs quiz

Here are some Crazy Mixed-Up Holiday Songs. How many real titles can you name? 1. Whose Offspring Are You? 2. Zero Decibel Darkness 3. Wee Tom Tom Tot 4. ABCDEFGHIJKMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 5. The Arrival was at the Stroke of a Transparent Midnight 6. Are We Both Getting the Same Vibes? 7. Bridging the Gap and Tunneling the Trees 8. Detergent in the Galaxy 9. K. O. the Corridors 10. Trunk Legumes Cooking on the Colman 11. Seasonal Eden 12. Tinkling of Alarms Answers at the end this post. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It was a cold morning out there today on my morning walk (6.3 miles) and the wind made it even colder. It felt so nice when the sun finally came up. I wasn't cold in my layers but I was almost cold. I put my turtleneck up over my chin and had two hoods on. My face was a bit cold. The only other person I saw was Linda. She hardly ever misses a day either. We had a great time at Cheryl's Christmas Party Saturday night!! Lots of fun meeting new people, eating all the delicious food, and seeing all of Cheryl's decorations throughout the house. It looks like Christmas in every corner of her house. We were one of the first people to arrive and one of the last to leave. I didn't take pictures but Cheryl did and will be putting them up on her blog. I don't know if you noticed by on my sidebar but I have a countdown counting down the days until we move. It now stands at 15 days. Working on a couple of Christmas presents yet and have a little more baking to do and I really do have to spend some time cleaning the house, so I'd better get off this computer now. This is the only December 22, 2008 you will ever have so enjoy this Monday and make it a Happy One. :-) Here are the real song tittle. 1. What Child is This? 2. Silent Night 3. Little Drummer Boy 4. Noel 5. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear 6. Do You Hear What I Hear? 7. Over the River and Through the Woods 8. Joy to the World 9. Deck the Halls 10. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire 11. Winter Wonderland 12. Jingle Bells

7 comments:

Vee said...

Those quizzes are fun and I have been known to make my family take them. Oh yes! They love me. :D

Glad that you had a wonderful time at Chery's. I went to check it out, but not yet...

Nope, hadn't noticed the countdown to moving day on your sidebar. Thanks for the tip. Not long now.

Stay warm! I know what you mean, I've got to get OFF this computer!

Goosey said...

I got 6 out of 12! Is Joy a type of detergent in the USA? I'm guessing it must be, good fun thanks.

happyone said...

Goosey - yes, Joy is a washing up liquid.

George said...

This was a great quiz! I can say that because I got them all except 'The First Noel'. (I won't tell you how long it took on a couple of them!) It's cold here as well, so I hope you stay warm.

Happy@Home said...

Hmmm . . . I hope we aren't being graded on your quiz. I think I may give a pop quiz to my guests on Christmas Day.

dot said...

Only 15 days! I bet you are excited.

KathyA said...

You are one brave woman! I left the house this morning at 9:30 to go food shopping and it was 16 degrees. With the windchill it was 2, I think!