Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stamping Class

Cheryl called me yesterday afternoon and told me she just signed up for the Christmas Card Stamping Class at the store in the mill and that there were only 5 places left. I walked over and signed up right away. Bonnie signed up today too so now the three of us get to take the class together. I'm so looking forward to this. We will have loads of fun. It's next Thursday, October 30. I've saved up some of my spending money and went to put it in the bank this morning. No one was in the bank - only me! From there I went to the commissary. I only had to pick up a few things so I was in and out of there right quick. I even remembered to bring the green shopping bags this time. :-) I then hopped across the way and had a look around in the Exchange too or PX as the Army people call it. I found Vera Bradley stuff there and just couldn't resist buying another pocketbook $12 off the retail price. This one is called Little Betsy Night Owl. I'm already all moved in to it. I love getting new pocketbooks!! It makes me HAPPY!
Here it is!
And here's a close up.
The Ripple Afghan that I'm knitting for Nola is coming along slowly but I've gotten this much done on it so far. Played around on the computer a bit this afternoon and read. No drive over to the town house today. Kenny will be getting home late from work and it will be too dark. I'm wondering now what I should have for supper. Maybe some left over pizza or a couple of those strawberry sandwiches I'm so fond of. It's still a bit early so I have time to decide. I hope you are enjoying your Wednesday!!
I took this little quiz just for fun. What type of weather are you?
You Are Sunshine
Soothing and calm You are often held up by others as the ideal But too much of you, and they'll get burned You are best known for: your warmth Your dominant state: connecting

2 comments:

Vee said...

I was just looking at "homemade" cards at BJ's. Not homemade enough in the end for me to buy them even though the price was right at $9. You'll have fun taking the class with friends.

Your new purse is adorable. Good find.

Enjoy your strawberry sandwich...

Webradio said...

Nice photos...