Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A day out and about

I'm glad the rain from last night ended and it was a bright sunny beautiful morning for walking. I Walked the first mile with my friend Nola and the next 5 miles with my friend Lin. Yesterday morning when I walked a man ran past me who I see every once in a while and he is always running smack down the center of the road. I happened to take this picture. At the end of each month I add up the miles I walked. I walked 182.6 miles in September and the total for the year so far is 1,696.1 miles. Ken told me that is like walking from Baltimore to Denver. Maybe by the end of the year I'll make it across the whole country. :-) Ken took a vacation day yesterday and we spent the whole day together. In the morning we went to the library. We usually go to the one right up the street but today we went to the Central Library over by the mall. I got a good pile of books to read - 5 books and one of the books has 2 novels in it. Mary - one of the books I got is Queen Anne's Lace by Frances Parkinson Keys which you recommended a while ago on your blog. It sounds good and I'm looking forward to reading it. Then we did a few errands and had lunch while we were out. Later in the afternoon we had an appointment to pick out the last bit of tile for the new townhouse. This is what we picked out for the front foyer and the 1/2 bath . It looks just gray here but it does have a tint of blue in it. We had to go to the Mt Airy store to pick it out which is about 45 minutes or so from our house. We got there a bit early so while we were waiting we went to Jimmie Cone and had a waffle ice cream cone. We did get small ones! :-) No ice cream snack for me tonight - I had pop corn but Ken did have ice cream again. After we picked out the tile we drove back to the townhouse and dropped the paper work off for Julia. Since we had been out all day we figured we might as well eat dinner out too so we went to Pasta Blitz and had chicken parmesan dinners. I have mention that Ken is taking a mosaic glass class which he really likes. This is his first project. The glass he cut, glued and grouted is on a simple bathroom tile. It's hard to believe that today is the first of October already. September sure didn't linger. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with the rest of my day yet. I'll just see what turns up. Make your Wednesday a Happy One! :-)

5 comments:

YoMamma said...

I love Dad's new project!

Vee said...

You two make the most out of those vacation days. I can tell that you enjoy each other's company.

What a great new hobby for Ken. Any chance that you'll join him in it? Are you going to put him to work creating a backsplash or something for the new house?

Helen said...

The mosaic glass is very nice. I look forward to see your new house :)

happyone said...

vee - no new hobby for me - I have too many already. :-) I'm sure Ken will be making something for the new house! Of course there will be pictures.

Brad said...

I like Ken's choice of colors. His tile reminds me of an old fashioned soda fountain.