Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My walk this morning was the coolest one yet. 48 degrees, but sunny and beautiful. I love these mornings!!

This morning I made out my shopping list and off to the commissary I went. Great day to go - no lines at all and all the shelves were full - got everything on my list. While I was there I went next door to the exchange just to see what kind of dresses they had there. Tried on a few - didn't like them. The black little number was okay but nothing special. I really want a red or blue dress. So my search continues.....

I ate my lunch sitting out on the porch. I had some cottage cheese and raisins - a favorite lunch of mine. It was a bit on the cool side so I didn't stay out there very long.

I finished reading Friends, Lovers, Chocolate by Alexander McCall Smith just a little while ago.
This is the second book in the series with Isabel. In this book she meets Ian, who has just had a heart transplant and is having visions. Cat her niece is back as well as Grace the housekeeper and her musician friend Jamie. I like all of Alexander McCall Smith's books and liked this one too.

Ken's not here tonight for supper so I just had a left over piece of pizza and a salad. I am going to go and take a shower and then start another library book. Maybe do a little knitting too.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. Your walk sounds kinda brisk...is there ever a temp where you decide to remain home? :D

    Sounds as if you had a cozy, quiet evening to yourself. Sometimes they are much needed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )